Transup - Supporting Transnational Start-up Ecosystems
Technology startups in the peripheral European territories like the Alpine Adriatic usually look to Western Europe or to the USA rather than to neighboring countries for models of change and development. The project, approved within the Horizon 2020 Framework Programme, aims to tackle the challenge of making the Alpe Adria region an attractive hub for innovative entrepreneurs and investors, where the ecosystem made of actors and services devoted to support the creation and development of new businesses is really collaborative and transnational.
By means of peer-reviewing national and transnational support services, TransUP partner organizations will co-design an innovative and systemic cross regional Softlanding Programme for enhancing a multicultural and international driven attitude among startups as well as for attracting talents in the enlarged territory.
The expected impact implies the activation of a comprehensive international attitude in all aspects of startup business management with positive effects from market reach to competitive strength.
Specific focus will be dedicated to startups with reference to the Alpe Adria region but the recommendations developed and collected in the TransUP Design Option Paper (D.O.P.) will be valid for all sectors and EU geographical location.
The consortium is composed by 5 vital organizations of the respective regional entrepreneurial ecosystems, namely:
- Friuli Innovazione Research and Technology Transfer Centre, Lead Partner – Italy
- Inšttut za raziskovanje podjetništva (IRP) - Slovenia
- Technology Park Ljubljana (TP-LJ) – Slovenia
- Science and Technology park of the University of Rijeka (STEP RI) Croatia
- Carinthian Economic Promotion Fund (KWF) - Austria
Starting from the results of former cooperation experiences and exchanges among innovation agencies from FVG, Carinthia and Slovenia, the consortium will apply the Twinning Advanced Methodology in order to compare, evaluate and mutually transfer good practices in the field of internationalization and multicultural cross fertilization to be offered to newly established innovative companies. In addition, TransUP focuses on enlarging the original Trilateral Startup Ecosystem (Italy, Austria, Slovenia) to Croatia, the newest EU country member. In this view, STE PRI, the Croatian partner contributes with its experiences and framework conditions to co-create even better approaches for a wider range of conditions.
Activities in synthesis:
- Establishing a Peer Learning Group (PLG) composed of partner representatives and stakeholders from involved territories
- Carrying out local and international bench learning activities as well as peer-review on transnational and local good practices
- Developing a Cross regional Softlanding Programme with a focused pilot action
- Creating a Design Option Paper (DOP) including guidelines for making the Alpe Adria region an attractive hub for innovative entrepreneurs and investors
Phone: +39 0432 629923