EUROSYN - Improve innovation services for SMEs by enabling synergies between R&D&I European funds
EUROSYN has been funded by the Horizon 2020 European program under grant agreement No 730806. The overall project objective is to collaboratively address a common innovation support challenge: to peer-review public funds for R&D&I and support programmes for SMEs in order to improve their use by enabling synergies between European structural funds, Horizon 2020 and other funds.
The basic EUROSYN concept is to tackle the challenges that European SMEs face to obtain grants to carry on R&D&I activities in the whole innovation value-chain, from TRL 2 to TRL 9. Thus, the possibility to use different funding opportunities in effective and integrated way is crucial for SMEs competitiveness.
Intermediary organizations offering support services on funding opportunities to SMEs are relevant actors in this process from two main points of view:
- they can help policy makers in the development and application of the synergies,
- they can support SMEs in the correct use of public funds for R&D.
The Peer learning activity will serve to learn from the best and to share good and bad practices in funding opportunities support services.
The realized Design Options Paper will serve as a “guide” or a “handbook” to other agencies and business support centres to provide similar and/or more focused services on funding opportunities support.
- FINN - Friuli Innovazione Research and Technology Transfer Centre, Italy
- FTI Burgenland GmbH, Austria
- KEPA - Business & Cultural Development Centre, Greece
The specific objectives of EUROSYN project are the following:
- Creation of a peer learning group (≥12 persons, from the 3 regions involved) in order to strengthen the competences in supporting SMEs in searching for funding opportunities and preparing good and successful R&D&I project proposals through the application of Twinning + methodology;
- Identification and evaluation of good practices related to:
- synergies between EU funds for R&D&I in SMEs to be transferred in SMEs innovation support local/national programmes. The partners’ commitment is to identify the best practices and provide recommendations to the local/national policy makers/relevant stakeholders engaged in the definition of SMEs innovation support local/national programmes;
- Support services to SMEs to maximize the integrated use of public funds (European, national, local) for R&D&I;
- Establishment of a sustainable partnership among the partners to engage in more frequent peer learning activities. A Memorandum of Understanding will be undersigned by the partners in the final phase of the project; it should be a first step of an EU based network of partners aiming to foster, enforce and develop innovation services to SMEs.
To achieve these objectives the EUROSYN project will facilitate the knowledge exchange among the participants on the following matters:
- Provision of support services about synergies between funds to mainly manufacturing SMEs (those being generally more pro-active and interested in R&D&I projects) in the involved territories;
- Improvement of administrative and ‘back-office’ aspects in the management of innovation support programs to SMEs;
- Enhancement of qualitative procedures in identifying the needs of SMEs and the corresponding most suitable funding schemes;
- Identification of “good practices” among innovation agencies and intermediary organizations that have effectively exploit the opportunities offered by the synergies between funds (European, national, local).
Phone: +39 0432 629922