Start date: 1st May 2012
Finish date: 15th March 2015
The INCO-NET project, financed by the Interreg IV Italy-Austria Programme, aims at activating a cross-border mechanism of knowledge sharing, to improve global competitiveness on the border area between Italy and Austria, thus improving the attitude and capacities for cross-border collaboration of SMEs and start ups. Particular focus will be given to female and young entrepreneurship, in line with the EU policies which consider female employment and self entrepreneurship as a remedy to overtake the current economic crisis. INCO-NET uses the know-how and networking capabilities of Science Parks, Incubators and Intermediaries, to design and build the best network for the most important innovators in the area.
- Friuli Innovazione – Udine, Italy (Lead Partner)
- Entwicklungsagentur Kärnten GmbH – Klagenfurt, Austria
- Fondazione La Fornace dell‘Innovazione – Asolo, Italy.
INCO-NET has a three-year duration. Its activities will be prepared and implemented jointly by a network of Science Parks, Incubators and Intermediary Bodies. The more efficient and adaptable schemes for companies financial support existing at cross-border level will be identified by comparing all the available instruments, especially those devoted to female and young entrepreneurship. Those models will be analysed and proposed to the Institutions that offer funding opportunities to companies within the Programme Area.
The actions included into the project aim at promoting cross-border cooperation between companies and improve their access to funding, a process in which Science Parks, Incubators and Intermediaries play a key role as facilitators and stimulators of knowledge transfer.
In the INCO-NET project the following activities will be performed:
- Scouting of the most promising enterprises and business ideas in the cross-border area
- Networking between start ups and successful Italian and Austrian entrepreneurs, to share their experience and create fruitful small-groups of discussion
- Matchmaking between SMEs and start ups, to foster cross-border ideas exchange and create collaboration opportunities
- A study visit for project partners, to better know similar organizations (Science Parks and Incubators) within the Programme Area, to share best practices and start long-term collaborations
- Round tables for partners, with the participation of institutional experts, to indentify the best financing instruments for SMEs and start ups
Phone +39 0432 629916